Today is my 33rd birthday. I’m celebrating by taking the day off of work, treating myself to an huge coffee & relaxing pedi, before seeing the film Ballet 422 (I’m such a closet ballet geek). Tonight, B & I are going out for a quiet dinner. To celebrate my new age, I thought I’d share, in no particular order, 33 of my travel loves.
1. Strolling the Brooklyn Bridge
2. Fresh donuts from Granville Island Public Market in Vancouver.
3. An afternoon at the ballpark cheering on the Indians (or my hometown Nationals).
4. Snorkeling with a sea turtle for the first time in St. John.
5. Climbing 400+ stairs to the top of the Florence Duomo.
6. Flying fish & a Carib beer from The Carib beach bar in Barbados.
7. Kayaking around the Porcupine Islands in Maine.
8. Cheering on Ohio State vs Michigan along with 100,000 other fans.
9. Dipping my toe in the Pacific Ocean for the first time.
10. Fresh berries (& apple cider donuts) from Union Square Greenmarket
11. Toasting s’mores over a lakeside bonfire in the Finger Lakes.
12. Jim Henson’s bench in Central Park.
13. Catching my reflection in The Bean in Chicago.
14. Staring at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
15. Noshing on poutine in Vieux Montreal.
16. The thrill of booking a trip to somewhere I’ve always wanted to go.
17. Discovering that the Arizona desert is beautiful.
18. Wide open spaces in the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
19. Learning how to snowshoe.
20. Sipping coffee in Seattle.
21. Quiet days at sea surrounded by nothing but ocean.
22. Après ski around a roaring fireplace in a Vermont ski lodge.
23. Acting like a kid at Hershey Park.
24. Digging my toes in the sand at any beach, any where.
25. The touristy joy of New York City at Christmas.
26. Purple & orange & pink sunsets on a cruise.
27. Hiking to majestic waterfalls.
28. SUP for the first time in Amelia Island, Florida.
29. Eating the best thai food in the middle of downtown Toronto.
30. Spotting Bermuda shorts in Bermuda.
31. Watching the sunrise at the top of Cadillac Mountain.
32. Kayaking on Keuka Lake & finding my new happy place.
33. Experiencing so many new places, & trying so many new things, hand-in-hand with B.